Tuesday, March 6, 2012

The Different Looks Of Me... LOL

I was thinking today about the staging for uterine cancer and the treatment options. My doctor feels optimistic that I would not need chemo or radiation but I will need surgery and possibly hormone treatment. This is what I found to be the treatments for the stages:
 
Treatment options by stage
Stage I
  • Surgery

  • Surgery and radiation therapy

  • Hormone therapy

  • Surgery, radiation, and chemotherapy
Stage II
  • Surgery and radiation therapy

  • Surgery, radiation, and chemotherapy
Stage III
  • Surgery and radiation therapy

  • Surgery and chemotherapy

  • Surgery, radiation, and chemotherapy
Stage IV
  • Surgery

  • Radiation therapy

  • Hormone therapy

  • Chemotherapy
So I began wondering what if they tell me I do have to undergo Chemo? Of course the woman in me automatically goes to my looks. LOL

As you all know by now this is me now:
 But this is what I know I will end up looking like if I have Chemo and lose all my hair:
LOL! But I was reminded of a wonderful thing! If I do have to have Chemo I can wear wigs! OMG I could be a different looking woman every time!!!! How fun would that be? Maybe I could get a red wig and look like this:
Or maybe go blonde because I hear they have more fun and look like this:
Or what about going with brown, a more natural hair color for me and look like this:
Or embrace my Latina roots, yes I am Latina people! And have jet black hair like and look like this:
But alas whether I have Chemo or I do not I know my God in heaven made me wonderful already the word tells us: "I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." Psalm 139:14 NIV. So even though this is a short blog post of just my random silliness I hope you enjoyed it readers. And always remember:

Be Blessed in HIM!

1 comment:

  1. You crack me up, girl! I say go for a swim cap and everywhere you go, ask people where their shower is. :D

    ReplyDelete