Friday, February 24, 2012

Tick Tock.... Tick Tock....

Well I have exactly 6 days until I find out about my results. 6 days seems like it is not that much time but to me it feels like an eternity!!

This is me right now:
But this is what I feel like I will be having to wait those 6 days that feel more like 6,000 years before I can know what is going on:
Don't get me wrong I have been keeping myself busy. After all I am a mother of three who are energetic, funny and well need their mom still for this and that:
But I am still going stir crazy with the anticipation. What will my future hold in 6 days? I am also keeping busy caring for my husband, my kids, my house:
And hey I even have a couple of dogs needing my attention too:
But I just wish I could just know already. I have other things keeping me busy lately too. My daughter turns 11 on Tuesday, I am teaching Children's Church this Sunday, I am homeschooling my kids, I am learning to sew and I even made a fanatastic new recipe yesterday too, Chicken Carbonara. And tonight we go and do a 30 hour fast at the church. But even when I think I am keeping myself busy, my mind busy there is a time every night that my mind starts working a mile a minute. I have a beautiful family don't you think? But at night right when I lay my head down to go to sleep the devil comes and attacks. He starts putting thoughts in my head like: You will not get to see your kids grow up, go to college, fall in love, get married and have kids. You and your husband wont be old sitting on the porch with your coffee arguing about why the kids haven't called or come over with your grand kids. That is when I have to stop my brain, I have to stop the devil in his tracks with the only weapon I have:
If any of you are reading this all I ask is that you join me and pray. I ask God for one thing and one thing only. I am not the best prayer warrior out there. I stumble over my words and all but I want to pray right now with all of you. The Word tells us when two or more are gathered together in HIS name there HE will be.
"Lord I am coming to you now not as a whole person but as a broken one. I am coming to you because I know I can not do it all but you can do ALL things. God I ask you right now Father that you give me peace to know that you are in complete control. I do not ask that there be nothing found Lord because that is not my ultimate desire Lord. I ask that whatever they do find that it is curable Lord. Grant me the blessing of seeing my kids grow up and to grow old with my husband. That is all I ask, all I want Lord. Allow me the blessing to continue doing the job you gave me to do: to raise my kids and to be a support to my husband. Lord I ask this in your name, AMEN!"

I know this time around my blog didn't contain the humor it has in the previous posts but even though I truly always have believed if you can laugh your way through the trials you can overcome them today I needed spiritual healing. Thanks for praying with me.

Be blessed in HIM!

4 comments:

  1. Amen! I love reading this journey you're embarking on and feeling like I'm part of it with you through your humor, your pictures (laughed so hard at the "this is me" and "this is me after 6 days") and your faith. Love you, Sis!

    Todo está en las manos del Señor y El no nos desamparará.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks sis!! It really is healing to put your thoughts down and having others walk along in the journey with you. I love also putting in Scripture because it not only helps me when I am in the Word but if there is someone reading then it might help them too. I love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought of you when I was driving down the street and had to goo potty! :-) I love you dear friend. Tuesday will get here before you know it, then, we will go get coffee.

    ReplyDelete