Friday, September 27, 2013

Surving the Dreaded Doctors... AGAIN

Photo Courtesy of Angelisse Perez
I am so sorry readers I did not get a blog post out yesterday and this is why: Yesterday I had my appointment with the oncologist and I began my next round of treatments. No readers this is not what I look like right now. Currently I still have my hair this was a picture of me last time I began chemotherapy. I have a new oncologist and I have to say I really like this one. He is thorough and I have full confidence in him for my treatment even though my belief is GOD will see me through this all.

Well apparently I can not go to the doctors without having some kind of silly story. I think doctors and I have a form of attraction to make life just a bit sillier. So here I am in this new oncologist's office. Mind you my oncologist is also a gynecological oncologist (try saying that three times fast) and well I had to get a pelvic ultrasound done because that was one thing that they did not transfer with my records from El Paso. Oh Lordy, Lord, Lord are those things terrible. I will not say the joke I made to the technician because it was said in a moment of panic on my part and trying to ease the mood but it was a tad inappropriate for mixed company and so I asked God to forgive me for saying what I said and proceeded to lay back on the bed.

OK readers I don't know about you but if you are anything like me and you are lying in this doctor's table and they ask you to relax AND scoot down if you are anything like me you do the opposite. I tensed up and scooted up on the bed. Poor woman kept repeating it until finally she had to just grab me by the hips and pull me down. Now I am a short woman but this woman had to be like 2 feet nothing because she was super short but when she grabbed me by the hips to pull me down to where I needed to be at for the exam I believe she grew like 10 more feet and was now 12 feet tall still all the while saying "Now relax". RELAX?!?!?!?! are you kidding me?!?! How can a person relax under such pressure!

Now I have been concerned since I my cancer has gone from uterine to matasize into my ovaries and so therefore I am worried about the breast. So I had my very first ever mammogram done as well. Well again I have to remind you people that I am a short woman. I measure at a whooping 60 inches and for you Mathematical wizards out there that is 5 feet tall. The mammogram machine though seems to be designed for some Amazonian Wonder Woman like person because I could not reach. I could not reach!! I had to stand on a step stool for this. Oh and can I just say OW OW OW!! Only a man could have invented such a medieval torture device as this! Seriously!!!

Well I then get sent to a different room. Here I am in a more comfy looking bed but because last time I lied down at this particular doctors office I felt violated and at least was not even offered a glass of wine I was a tad bit apprehensive about this more comfy looking bed. Boy was I right. The doctor now walks in. Mind you I have been prodded and smashed every which way possible and I had yet to meet my Doctor. So he walks in with a smile on his face asking me how I am doing. In my mind I wanted to tell him the truth. I envisioned myself telling him how I do not appreciate being poked, smashed, prodded first thing in the morning but my mouth said I'm OK how are you? My brain is now screaming seriously?!?!?! you are OK?!?!?!?!?! The doctor tells me that after the lab work I did when I first arrived here in Orlando my blood levels are looking promising. My tumor shows it has shrunk a considerable size since the last time it got checked in El Paso and that I can go through with having my ovaries removed and they use a method that will be less invasive and less bleeding on me. OMG I was so happy. This is what I have been wanting to hear for such a long time now.

God was answering my prayers and I felt amazing knowing that finally I could one day say: "I truly did kick cancer's butt"! Its OK readers I know this is a Christian blog but I can say butt. I promise I can. I can say butt over and over and over again like I am a minion on Despicable Me looking at a photocopy of a butt. BUTT BUTT BUTT! LOL That was the 10 year old in me wanting to come out for a second and play. No but seriously I am happier than I have been in a long time because finally something is going my way.

"For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven:
a time to be born, and a time to die;
a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted;
a time to kill, and a time to heal;
a time to break down, and a time to build up" Ecclesiastes 3: 1-3ESV. God has got this. So yes I still have to go through some difficult times. I still have to undergo chemo, yes I feel sick now, yes I might have to lose my hair again and look like a crystal ball but I am getting my healing through my God because His promises are true and He has promised there is a time for EVERYTHING and my time for healing is NOW.

Photo Courtesy of Evy Alicea
And well who would have known that when I took this picture almost 3 years ago that it would be true. I am too sexy for my hair and that is why it leaves me. But I know I have a great, great, great support system in my family, my friends, my prayer warriors and most importantly my God.

Thank you for all the prayers readers and as always

Be Blessed in HIM

No comments:

Post a Comment