Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Surviving With Great Dreams

Photo Courtesy of Creative Commons
I know I said last time I was going to write a blog post on Doctor Who and I am still planning on it but this dream was the best and I had to share! 

I have been in love with the movie Joyful Noise and the soundtrack. The other night I had dream about the music of Joyful Noise. Oh I loved it. I was back in El Paso speaking at a woman's conference and saw all my Army Wife/El Paso friends. I was there speaking to women about overcoming and surviving this crazy Army life and how even though I no longer was an Army wife I will always be an Army sister to my friends and allowing them to learn from my experiences and my trials. The first song to open was "Not Enough" from the soundtrack. It spoke about not having enough trust in God, enough love even among the Army wife life and not enough to feel we can sustain. I spoke after this telling these women, some of which I knew and considered as my sisters and some I have never met an told them how when I was first diagnosed with cancer I didn't know but my faith was shook and I did not know if I had enough trust in God. Then I get diagnosed again after thinking I was fine and this time my husband was deploying and I thought God why me? Why did I have to go through this? Then dealing with cancer and treatment, dealing with deployment, dealing with issues with my daughter and depression, dealing with my marriage falling apart and knowing I could not fix it. I did not feel that there was enough love or trust then. Afterwards I sang "Man in the Mirror" and how I had through with Christ make a change in my life to make a change in my world. I say my world because I could not make a change in my husbands world no matter how much I wanted to, I could not make a change in my children's world no matter how much I wanted to, I could not even make a change in my friends worlds when I saw them suffer and go through things as well but I could make a chane in my world and hope and pray that the change in my world would make a change in the world of others who might go through similar situations and chose to allow God to help them as He helped me. Then I sang "Fix Me Jesus" and this one was because I have prayed this thousands of times in my situation. I have prayed for Jesus to fix my ovaries and cure me of the cancer. I pray that Jesus heal my heart and allow me to heal and forgive. I ask that he heal my mind of the self destructive thoughts I have had since my marriage has been destroyed. You see I have never been a Barbie looking girl but I have always had a positive self esteem. I have always thought well of myself no matter what the scale said, no matter what the size tag said, no matter if I had hair or not but once he left me I thought of myself as someone unworthy of love. But God is fixing me and reminding me that I am fearfully and wonderfully made and he is the one to determine me worthy of love and he hasn't. Then the choir sang "He's Everything". Oh how beautiful it was! God is everything! He is who makes all things great and wonderful. He is the one who makes us happy and takes away our pain. He does it all for us! We ended the conference with the choir singing "Higher Medley" reminding us that God is higher. He is bigger and better than our problems. He does it all for us! Oh I loved it. At the end of the conference we asked women to come forward who were struggling with problems in their marriage whether due to deployment, military life, or just regular everyday life and finding themselves distancing themselves from their husband and God, we asked women who needed healing from cancer or any other illness that took over their body, we asked women to come forward if they were dealing with issues of self esteem or depression or any mental health even such as PTSD, Post Partum and that to come forward and I witnessed so many come and talk about how God spoke to them during this conference telling them they were not alone in their situation. It was beautiful seeing women of all walks of life gathering together and helping and praying for one another because now they knew they were not alone and that God cared about their marriages, their health, their emotions. All the Glory be to God that He and He alone can bring people of all walks of life and show them the common ground that they all share.

This was my dream. A dream I wish were true! A dream that I woke up from with a big smile on my face!

Readers thank you for joining me in my journey with the most amazing dream of my life and as always readers...

Be Blessed in HIM!

2 comments:

  1. I have to say your faith continually amazes me. I know I haven't comment much but you really are an inspiration to me. I have health issues and missing Trisha is something I struggle with daily still but your faith and the strength it gives you and how your attitude on life is amazing. I read your blog and post just to draw on a bit of inspiration when everything seems rather hopeless at times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Laura! I know missing a friend is hard. I know my sister also struggles with missing Trisha too and I believe because of your memories of her and Minnie's memories of her Trisha has a legacy that is lasting a lifetime through you and those she touched while she was here on earth. Legacies are not about the money and the "treasures" we leave others but it is about the stories we leave in the hearts and the lips of those who loved us.

    ReplyDelete